All research involving humans or animals must undergo ethics approval. Research conducted by members of staff should be submitted to the University Ethics Committee. Research conducted by FASS PhD and Masters students should be submitted to the FASS Ethics Committee.
Ethical clearance procedures:
- Step 1: Students first consult with their supervisor regarding the proposed proposal to check if it requires any ethical clearance.
- Step 2: Having read the proposal the supervisor should decide if there are any ethical concerns in the proposal that need to be forwarded to the FASS ethics committee for clearance.
- Step 3: If the supervisor thinks that the proposal needs to be forwarded to the ethics committee, he/she should suggest that the student download the ethics clearance form from the FASS website, fill it up and send to the ethics committee.
- Step 4: The student should fill up the ethics clearance form and attach the proposal to be sent to the chair of the ethics committee: (Dr. Ahsan Ullah: email@example.com)
- Step 5: The committee will review the proposal and will inform the student about the outcome as soon as possible via email.
The ethics approval form is available here: FASS ETHICS FORM.