Khairunnisa Haji Ibrahim
MSc Environmental Informatics, University of Leicester, 2009
BA Geography Programme, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, 2006
- environmental systems
- environmental assessment
- geography of Brunei Darussalam
- quantitative methods
- remote sensing
- Editor, discoverUBD
- Web manager for programme blog: http://www.geoenvibrunei.blogspot.com
- Ecological applications of remote sensing and geographical information systems
- Sustainable development
- Social and cultural geography
- Environmental studies
- Changes in the Brunei Bay Mangroves: Reflection of Environmental Change? (RG1(183)), with Dr Dulima Jali, Dr Jose Edgar Aban, Mr. Gabriel Yong, Mr Izni Azrein Noor Azalie
- Transportation alternatives behaviour in Brunei students (TABIBS), with Dr Cheong Poh Ai @ Irene Teh
- Dynamics of social space in Kg Ayer (unfunded), with Izni Azrein
- Heritage mapping using GoogleEarth (unfunded), with Izni Azrein
- Social media and production of local knowledge
- Crowdsourced mapping of cultural and natural heritage
Khairunnisa Ibrahim. (2009). Assessing proboscis monkey habitat change in Sungai Brunei, Brunei Darussalam, using remote sensing and GIS. MSc thesis, University of Leicester.
Khairunnisa Ibrahim. (2006). Small business in Brunei Darussalam: The geography of the night markets in Bandar Seri Begawan. BA thesis, Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
Becek, K., & Khairunnisa Ibrahim. (2011). On the Positional Accuracy of the GoogleEarth® Imagery. Proceedings of the FIG Working Week 2011, Bridging the Gap between Cultures, Marrakech, Morocco, 18-22 May 2011.
Becek, K., & Khairunnisa Ibrahim. (2010). Introducing the Global Elevation Data Testing Facility. Proceedings of the XXIV FIG International Congress, Sydney, Australia, April, 2010.
Becek, K., & Khairunnisa Ibrahim. (2010). Impact of Global Warming on Borneo Forest – the Worst Possible Scenario. Proceedings of the Borneo Research Council Conference, Miri, Malaysia, July, 2010.
Noor Hasharina Hassan, Yong, G., Izni Azrein Noor Azalie, Khairunnisa Ibrahim, & Hairuni Ali Maricar. (2011, Nov). Cultural consideration in vertical living in Brunei Darussalam. Paper presented at the 44th EAROPH Regional Planning Conference, Managing Urban Growth: Challenges for Small Cities, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam.