MA in Applied Economics (University of Michigan)
MA Anthropology (Australian National University)
PhD Anthropology (Australian National University)
- AA1201 - Making Sense of Society
- AA2202/AG2402 - Kinship, Marriage and Gender
- AA1202 – Understanding Culture
- Land tenure and conflict
- Coastal and upland livelihoods
- Natural resource management
- Development discourse and practice
- Class, kinship and community formations in urbanising Asia
- Indigenous peoples and ethnic identities in the Philippines/Southeast Asia
Papers in Refereed Journals
Knudsen, M. (2016). Poverty and beyond: Small-scale fishing in overexploited marine environments. Human Ecology, 2016, 1–12. (On-line Version).
Knudsen, M. (2013) Beyond clientelism: Neighbourhood leaders on a Philippine island. Anthropological Forum 23 (3): 242-265.
Knudsen, M. (2012) Fishing families and cosmopolitans in conflict over land on a Philippine island. Journal of Southeast Asian Studies 43 (3): 478-499.
Fabinyi, M., Knudsen, M., Segi, S. (2010) Social Complexity, Ethnography and Coastal Research Management in the Philippines. Coastal Management 38 (6): 617-632.
Knudsen, M. (2015) The environments of the poor in Southeast Asia, East Asia and the Pacific. Aris Ananta, Armin Bauer and Myo Than (2013 eds.). Singapore: Asian Development Bank and Institute of Southeast Asian Studies. Reviewed in Asian Journal of Social Science 43, pp. 209-211.